▼

Friday, March 4, 2011

Safari Birthday Party Part 4: Giraffe Piñata


This project comes with a huge warning statement... WARNING--DO NOT MAKE THIS PROJECT! I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself.  Why did he have to be so stinkin cute! If he wasn't and if I didn't think it would turn out really good, I would have just given up because it took so super dee dooper long.  I know I am missing the biggest point here.  This. Is. A. PIN-A-TA!!! It will be DESTROYED.  Why Lisa, Why did you spend so long making it?! Well it started out like this.  I had no plans of doing a piñata for the party but my oldest daughter was pretty certain that there would be a piñata there.  I had made piñatas before so I thought, sure let's do it.  How about a giraffe piñata? It was all going very well...


  My oldest help me make the structure for the piñata.  We used a large balloon for the body, four toilet rolls for the legs, a paper towel roll for the neck and rolled up newspaper for the head.  The problem came when I decided against my better judgment that I thought it would look very cute if it looked fuzzy.  I had the idea of cutting up the tissue paper into squares and gluing it on like those projects that you used to do in elementary school.


It was fun at first when my daughter was helping do it and still fun when I was catching up on my episodes of Bones.  Then daughter got bored and Bones was all caught up and there I was with the project that would never end.  Well I finally finished it and I am torn between guarding it with my life or pushing the kids aside and going at it myself.  Ah well.  I always learn so much with each party I do. At least I can enjoy one cute little giraffe piñata... for now.


Linking up to the blogs on my sidebar--->>




Visit thecsiproject.com

12 comments:

  1. LOL!!! oh my gosh i'm busting up laughing! i, too, would be really hesitant to let the kids destroy it after all that work!! it looks darling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable - I agree with Kate. I would probably be guarding it with my life! Maybe you should head over to the dollar store and get a "smash" pinata while you put this one in a case for display only. :) Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this for no other reason than it is freaking adorable! I say keep it and get a store bought one lol (ok not the point but oh well haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much work, but it turned out adorable! I'd be torn about using it "as intended" or keeping it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect addition to the rest of the party! I'm not sure I could let them smash it to smitherings either...tough call!!
    Maybe you could make it into one of those pull-the-ribbon-type-pinatas!
    As always...I enoyed my visit!
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. That's amazing how you made that!
    I gave you an award for your awesome blog!

    http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Lyssa

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is that!? Fabulous job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing at the For the Kids Friday Link Party at Sun Scholars! I look forward to having you back this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in the top 10 at Today's Top 20 for Blogger of the month! Congrats! Time to get your vote on! :) Good luck!

    Amanda
    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.S. I have a button for you if you want it! I didn't see an email address - if you would like you can email me at amandablogs(at)yahoo and I will send it to you!

    ReplyDelete